Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Roasted Veggies

 One goal I have for my family this year is to eat more veggies! I only have 1 of my 4 children who love veggies and so I'm trying to find new ways to cook them to appeal to those other 3. I liked this version of roasted veggies because it had a little zing with the vinegar. A splash of vinegar- who would have thought? (Sorry I can't remember where the recipe came from. It was one of those google it and write it down on scratch paper kind of things!) 

Roasted Vegetables
serves 4-6 (4 if you love veggies, 6 as a small side)

2 red bell peppers, cut into triangle bite size pieces
1 zucchini, cut in half twice lengthwise then into bite size pieces
1 yellow squash, cut into circular bit size pieces
1 vidalia onion, cut up
1-2 cups asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 tsp olive oil
1 tsp vinegar
1/2 tsp basil
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Preheat the oven to 450. Put all the veggies into a big bowl. Add the olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt and pepper and toss to coat them all. Turn onto a greased rimmed baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes at 450.


No comments: